BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Following your Bliss: Start Young!



This is a response to a post at BP-Hope about 9-5 being a bad fit for many people with bipolar. Boy is it ever! I'm still punching a time clock (blah!) but I'll never do 9-5 again!


I've been stuck doing things that I don't really want to do for my entire working life, but when I was doing clerical-type work during "normal" hours, it was the absolute worst! I became incredibly depressed. A lot of bad stuff went down during that time too. 
I would love to be able to make a career out of writing and/or editing, but currently I'm stuck in health care. I'm paying to self-publish my first novel. 
I wish I knew how to get out of health care, but barring a miracle I don't think it's going to happen. I don't have a supportive life partner and I don't have any savings. In this economy and at my age, it would be insane to quit my job.

0 comments: